We’ve found these articles to be very helpful for writers who are just starting to send out their work to literary journals. We hope you will too.
- Lynne Barrett’s “What Editors Want; A Must-Read for Writers Submitting to Literary Magazines” at The Review Review is widely popular.
- Carve Magazine’s “Mistakes Writers Make When Submitting to Literary Magazines” is useful, especially their caveat to not take rejections too personally.
- Neon Magazine’s “How to Submit Your Writing to Literary Magazines” is superb.
- Inkspill Magazine’s “Tips for Submitting to Literary Magazines: Common Causes of Rejection” is especially helpful for fiction writers.
- Sarah Selecky’s “How Do You Keep Track of Your Submissions?” offers a free download of a pretty Word template to track submissions.
- Jamie Todd Rubin’s “My Story Submission Tracker Google Spreadsheet Is Now Freely Available” includes a link to a free google spreadsheet for tracking submissions.